From: Matt Randolph <mattr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To emerge -e world or not to emerge -e world?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:25:34
1 $ emerge -ep system | genlop -p
2 [...]
3 Estimated update time: 2 hours, 30 minutes.
4
5 $ emerge -ep world | genlop -p
6 [...]
7 Estimated update time: 14 hours, 40 minutes.
8
9 But genlop is entitled to make mistakes. Those did seem like rather
10 small numbers to me. What would be more realistic? 100 hours?
11
12 Mark Shields wrote:
13
14 > Depending on what you have installed, it will take more than 14
15 > hours. Are you sure they're talking about emerge -e system and not
16 > emerge -e world?
17 >
18 > On 8/29/05, *Matt Randolph* <mattr@×××××.com <mailto:mattr@×××××.com>>