From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone running a gentoo guest on virtualbox?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 20:24:13
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 22:12 on Tuesday 31 May 2011, Dale did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > Considering that ~250 devices consumes a teeny-weeny bit of disk space
6 > > and they are hidden from view normally, I say it's worth it leaving them
7 > > in. Which is what vapier also says.
8 >
9 > +1 They are tiny plus when devfs mounts, they aren't visible anymore if
10 > I recall correctly. Doesn't devfs mount on top of them?
11
12 Well that's what "hidden from view normally" evaluates to.
13
14 But it's not devfs - that was an abomination that should never have been
15 suffered to live. It's mere existence offended GregKH so much that he whipped
16 up the beginnings of udev so that he might never see devfs ever again
17
18 It's "udev" and is normally mounted on a tmpfs
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com