From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 15:17:42
1 On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 14:01:38 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
2
3 > > Can't you change this with fstab settings. I see a similar behaviour
4 > > when trying t mount NFS shares that aren't there, but it gives up
5 > > trying after 90s and gets on with booting the computer.
6 >
7 > I've tried ...
8 >
9 > Systemd and mounting anything other than local linux hard drives gives
10 > me a migraine ...
11 >
12 > Yes I *should* be able to tell it to just forget about drives it can't
13 > mount while booting. Yes I *should* be able to tell it to just forget
14 > about drives it can't access while shutting down. Yes I *should* be able
15 > to tell it to do what I want, but it seems that no matter what I tell
16 > it, it randomly refuses to boot or shut down because of a hiccup with a
17 > Windows or network mount :-(
18
19 Have you tried adding x-systemd.mount-timeout= and/or nofail to the
20 options in fstab? See man systemd.mount.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 If Microsoft made cars:
27 "The airbag system would ask "are you sure?" before deploying."