From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ryzen seg fault issue fixed
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 11:06:19
1 Hello, Adam.
2
3 On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 15:46:31 +1000, Adam Carter wrote:
4 > FYI, you should be able to return your CPU for a fixed one now.
5
6 > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=new-ryzen-fixed&num=1
7
8 Thanks for that. I wasn't actually aware anybody else was suffering
9 from this.
10
11 I've had quite a few build failures with segmentation faults, always (as
12 far as I can tell) while building .lo files. Initially, I suspected the
13 RAM, but memtest presented a clean bill of health after several hours
14 testing.
15
16 It's going to be a pain and a half taking my PC to bits to extract the
17 processor, but I suppose it's got to be done. ;-(
18
19 Thanks again!
22 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).