From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: /dev/sda* missing at boot
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:43:06
1 On 08/18/2011 10:08 PM, András Csányi wrote:
2 > On 18 August 2011 18:59,<frares@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hi, guys
4 >>
5 >> It is a shame, I know, but after several years using Gentoo, it is the first
6 >> time I try to build a kernel without "genkernel".
7 >>
8 >> And now I can't boot to that new kernel, it does not find (and really do not
9 >> have a) /dev/sda* root partition ("real-root"); during the boot it stops,
10 >> complaining about that, gives me the option to get a shell, from which I am
11 >> able to see that there is no /dev/sda* .
12 >>
13 >> I have included everything SATA, so it looks like that is not a kernel
14 >> problem, but a initramfs issue, I guess.
15 >>
16 >> What am I missing?
17 >
18 > Why have you choose this way? I mean, non-genkernel way.
19
20 genkernel generates generic (bloated) kernels.