From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS vs. jumbo frames
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:44:15
1 On 23 April 2007, Matthias Bethke wrote:
2 > I've been fiddling with this for some days and can't but assume it's a
3 > bug in one of the Gentoo patches to either the kernel or NFS tools:
4 > Basically, NFS locking breaks as soon as I enable jumbo frames on both
5 > server and client.
6 > touch foobar
7 > flock foobar ls
8 > works fine in my NFS-mounted home with an MTU of 1500. An MTU of 9000 is
9 > great for general net throughput so I wanted to use it on both the
10 > server and the clients, but the above sequence hangs indefinitely when I
11 > try.
12
13 Just curious: What kind of network (layer 2) is this that allows an MTU of
14 9000?
15
16 Uwe
19 The Informal Linux Group Namibia: