From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc 2.13 warning
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:12:22
1 On Thursday 10 February 2011 00:02:07 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 01:48:18 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > And it's very difficult to downgrade it due to that hidden barf check
4 > > in the ebuild. I have yet to find a supported, documented way to back
5 > > out of glibc screw-ups; my way is to keep binpkgs of @system and use
6 > > those.
7 >
8 > The trouble is that binpkgs keep a copy of the ebuild in them, so even if
9 > you remove the downgrade check fro the in-tree ebuild, it still fails.
10 > That one had me scratching my head for a few minutes.
11
12 what happens if you remove the entry in /var/db?
13 From gentoo's point of view, glibc suddenly is not installed. You are free to
14 choose a version.