From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chromium: questions
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:26:00
1 On 30/07/13 at 12:11pm, Pavel Volkov wrote:
2 > I have 2 questions about how Chromium operates with a clean profile.
3 > I run it like this:
4 > % chromium --user-data-dir=<dir>
5 >
6 > Directory <dir> is empty (at first launch).
7 >
8 > After the first launch, some entries immediately appear in History. I
9 > visited those before, but it's not everything I visited. Approximately
10 > 10-20 entries.
11 > From where is this information taken? If it's Google servers, what info is
12 > used for identification? IP address, system user name, something else?
13
14 Just a hunch but have you signed into Chromium with your google account
15 ? Google has this feature/anti-feature (based on your outlook) where it
16 syncs bookmarks, history among other things with their servers so you have
17 access to it on all your computers where you've signed into Chromium.
18 -
19
20 - Yohan Pereira
21
22 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
23 between a mermaid and a seal.
24 -- Mark Twain