From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Damaged file in portage cache
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:15:14
1 Jean-Baptiste Mestelan writes:
2
3 > I have manually deleted a lot of files from /var/cache/edb/dep, but
4 > the offending ones can neither be removed nor renamed. (Was I all
5 > right, in manually butchering /var/cache/edb/dep ?) The fact that the
6 > remaining files contain strange characters is puzzling, indeed.
7
8 How did you try to remove them? You might need to use the inode mumber to
9 remove them, althouh I think a rm -r should work, too. See
10 <http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/delete-remove-files-with-inode-number.html>.
11
12 Did you force the fsck with -f?
13
14 Can you mv the dep directory to another name, and re-create it with
15 emerge --metadata?
16
17 Alex
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list