From: Matt Nordhoff <mnordhoff@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /home becoming readonly every night
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:21:05
1 On 08/24/05 15:59, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > For somewhere between 3 days and a week I have been rising to find
3 > that /home has become readonly overnight.
4 >
5 > Basically I have to shut down X, manually kill all processes
6 > accessing /home and then run
7 >
8 > umount /home
9 > mount /home
10 >
11 > which fixes it until tomorrow morning.
12 >
13 > I also tried mount /home -o remount,rw
14 >
15 > but was told that /dev/hdb1 was readonly - but it has the same
16 > permissions as /dev/hda1.
17 >
18 > Any clues as to where to from here? I cannot even seem to isolate what
19 > time this is happening.
20
21 Filesystem errors, maybe? That's why I was always getting read-only
22 partitions... Run fsck on it.
25 Replace the point in my email address with a period to reply. ;-)
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list