From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: package.keywords
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:50:07
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I cheat and just do this:
5
6 > x11-wm/enlightenment * ~* **
7 Does not work for xz-utils. Neil's post may be the reason,
8 but there is definately nothing I've read (in man pages)
9 to distinguish these anomalous cases....?
12 > But enlightenment is a special case. e17 has never had a release (snapshots
13 > that are known to build are not considered releases) and the majority of users
14 > simply check out and build the latest commits in svn. The way the ebuilds are
15 > versioned, enlightenment-9999 gets you the latest in svn.
16
17 > That's a pretty normal gentoo convention
20 > You need to put a mask after the package name - *, ~* or **. The default is to
21 > use your current ACCEPT_KEYWORDS.
24 > * removes masking keywords if the package is stable on your arch
25 > ~* removes masking keywords if the package is stable on any arch
26 > ** removes masking keywords for the package unconditionally
29 none of these worked for the
30 xz-utils package. Can we find a simple example that does work?
31 (not enlightenment).....?
34 James