From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OFF TOPIC, sort of. Playing DVDs in DVD players and DVD disc type
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 18:19:54
1 Howdy,
2
3 I'm about to make some DVDs to be played in a DVD player, not computer
4 but for TV.  I have been using DVD+R and they work fine.  I've made
5 quite a few of them.  My friend bought another spindle of 100 that are
6 DVD-R.  Note the difference of + and - there.  I suspect it will play
7 fine but I don't want to open the spindle, burn a few, find out it
8 doesn't play and be stuck with DVD discs, at least 90 or so more, that
9 are basically of no use.  If it won't work, I'd rather him swap them out
10 now and get what we know works instead of getting stuck.
11
12 I'm using DeVeDe 3.23.0 software to create the DVD and K3b to burn
13 them.  I think Devede creates a ISO image for K3b to burn if that helps
14 any.  It's been a while since I made a DVD.
15
16 I'm pretty sure they bought their DVD player just a few years ago.  Will
17 DVD-Rs play the same as DVD+R in modern ones or are they still picky?
18
19 Oh, the only DVD player I have is my puter so I'm not going to claim I
20 know them things real well.  ;-)
21
22 Thanks.
23