From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: but cool - NASDAQ is gentoo powered
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:11:25
1 On Mon 15 August 2011 21:48:30 Michael Mol did opine thusly:
2 > On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
3 wrote:
4 > > http://www.itworld.com/open-source/193823/how-linux-mastered-wal
5 > > l-street
6 > This is related to a question I wanted to poll the list with. How
7 > does everybody here use Gentoo? For personal use? Production use?
8 > For server, desktop or embedded roles? What's your most interesting
9 > setup or use case?
10 >
11 > I had Gentoo on both my desktop and HTPC, but I had to cannibalize
12 > the HTPC for parts, so now it's just on my primary desktop box.
13
14 All my personal machines have run gentoo for 6 or more years now plus
15 my dev VMs. At work, it's encouraged for the dev environments too.
16
17 I was interested to read that NASDAQ runs a "modified" Gentoo and
18 wondered "what does an unmodified stock Gentoo look like". Then I
19 realised I was being silly, there's no such thing :-)
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com