From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The war continues.
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 18:19:11
1 On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:55:24 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
2
3 > One problem is that every time revdep-rebuild is run, it always rebuilds
4 > all of libreoffice, an 8-hour build. WTF, seriously, WTF?
5
6 HTF can we tell you when you haven't provided the output. However, you
7 may want to read the revdep-rebuild man page on the MASK options.
8
9 > I tried to fix it by setting wayland, gles2 and egl to default because
10 > they were breaking other packages.
11
12 Wayland is still experimental, you should expect breakage when using it.
13
14 > tortoise ~ # ./pretendupdate
15
16 Which does what?
17
18 > !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "app-text/asciidoc" has unmet
19 > requirements.
20 > - app-text/asciidoc-8.6.9-r2::gentoo USE="graphviz -examples -highlight
21 > -test" ABI_X86="64" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="-pypy -python2_7"
22 > PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 -pypy"
23 >
24 > The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
25 > exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_pypy
26 > python_single_target_python2_7 )
27
28 This one s quite clear, PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET must contain one, and only
29 one, of pypy or pthhon2_7. yours has neither.
30
31 > I've been using Gentoo Every day now for ten years.
32
33 Then you should understand the need for detailed error reports and
34 reading the output from the various commands.
35
36 > This is an entirely
37 > New level of bullshit. =(
38
39 Are you still referring to portage's output?...
43 Neil Bothwick
44
45 Would a fly without wings be called a walk?