From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups-filters failing to build
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:51:36
1 Hi Alec,
2
3 > I've been having a really strange issue with net-print/cups-filters for
4 > the last few weeks, wondering whether or not it's a bug or I just have
5 > something configured wrong. Somehow ${S} is defined as:
6 >
7 > /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cups-filters-1.0.53/work/cups-filters-3.2.10
8 >
9 > and the build predictably fails.
10
11 this is a really weird error.
12
13 The only idea that I have is that some unusual environment variable is set
14 outside Portage, and then somehow leaks into the Portage internals.
15
16 You could check (before running emerge) if you see the "3.2.10" anywhere in
17 your environment ("set|less")... or if maybe $PV or $S is set outside emerge
18 somewhere.
19
20 If this doesnt go away, we can ask the portage guys for advice.
21
22 Best,
23 Andreas
26 Andreas K. Huettel