From: Matti Nykyri <matti.nykyri@×××.fi>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: All sorts of digest verification failures
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 10:56:28
1 > On Nov 15, 2015, at 12:43, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sunday 15 Nov 2015 12:22:39 Matti Nykyri wrote:
4 >>> On Nov 15, 2015, at 11:59, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
5 > --->8
6 >>> Three days later. I'm still getting this error message, but with a
7 >>> nasty
8 >>> twist in the tail. emerge -puND @world reports (amongst others) the
9 >>>
10 >>> following update:
11 >>> [ebuild R ] sys-apps/busybox-1.23.1-r1 USE="-pam*"
12 >>>
13 >>> , and the error message I get on actually trying to start the update is
14 >>>
15 >>> !!! Digest verification failed:
16 >>> !!! /usr/portage/sys-apps/busybox/busybox-9999.ebuild
17 >>> !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
18 >>> !!! Got: 8493
19 >>> !!! Expected: 8580
20 >>>
21 >>> . Why is the build system looking at the digest for version 9999 when
22 >>> it
23 >>> should be rebuilding version 1.23.1-r1?
24 >>
25 >> Well it's not. It just checks all the manifests and complains about
26 >> errors. It doesn't affect the building of 1.23.1-r1.
27 >
28 > I'm getting the same thing as Alan, and have been for several days.
29 >
30 >> If I were you I'ld download the latest portage snapshot. That should take
31 >> care of any remaining issues. Is your portage upto date?
32 >
33 > My portage is sync'd daily, so it shouldn't need a whole new snapshot.
34
35 Sunc doesn't necessarily sync everything and if some random files are out of sync you either need to update them manually or get a new snapshot. I doubt the server/mirror is messed up, but you could try changing that. Downloading a new snapshot isn't that big a deal and that should definitely fix everything, so why not try that first?
36
37 You may also inspect each package and remanifest those that have problems (ebuild manifest). If you are certain that nobody has been fingering your ebuilds.
40 -M