From: Craig Zeigler <craig@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dropping harddrives (WAS Which filesystem for a notebook?)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:48:11
1 Billy Holmes wrote:
2
3 > Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
4 >
5 >> Probably was suffering from "stiction" (google it)
8 > I'm pretty sure this HD had autoparking heads (I'm almost positive all
9 > IDE drives have). I could see it being a problem if it was an MFM
10 > drive however...
11
12 Not all IDE drives have/had autopark heads. I know this was many many
13 moons ago, but the first couple hard drives I owned <50MB didn't have
14 autopark heads. you had to tell it to park the heads, and I know they
15 were IDE drives cause I still have them around. :)
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list