From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filetimestamp needed by emerge ?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:14:31
1 On Friday 21 April 2006 05:35, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to cp -a /usr/portage to another partition to make room on /
5 >
6 > When I will do this, all files of the portage directory will get
7 > a new and nearly identical timestamp.
8 >
9 > Will this hurt the packaging/compiling or "anything related to
10 > administer gentoo"-thingy ?
11
12 no it wont.
13
14 I cp -a'ed my whole system on a new harddisk yesterday and everything still
15 works like it should.
16
17 You have to use -a, not -r, but you will be save.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list