From: Hans de Hartog <dehartog@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: wlan0 is sssloooow
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:52:26
1 Sergio Polini wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > default 23.252.112.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0
4 > default 192.168.2.1 0.0.0.0 UG 2000 0 0 wlan0
5 <snip>
6 I didn't follow this thread completeley but having two default routes
7 is definitly the cause of slow (or even unworkable) networking.
8
9 I would write a script that is run at bootlevel to determine if
10 you have eth0 or wlan0 or both and change things at the default
11 level accordingly (including dhcp, iptables, routing and maybe
12 other things as well).
13 I did this on several machines and laptops. If the existence of
14 wlan0 depends on a pcmcia card you can simply test it at bootlevel
15 with ifconfig. If wlan0 is always existing (e.g. by a pci-nic) but
16 you don't want to use it, you might create different ways of
17 booting the system (with or without wlan0) by suffixing your
18 kernelcommand in grub.conf with wlan0 or not and in your script
19 test with "grep wlan0 /proc/commandline" (or something like that).
20
21 Regards,
22 Hans.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list