From: Justin R Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Things that can be improved
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:15:01
1 On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 05:42:25PM +0300, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 >
3 > Yes, I already have about 400MB of logs there. I still wonder when will
4 > come the day I'll wipe them out. :)
5
6 I have a simple cron job that bzip2's them and about a year's worth of
7 logs amounts to about 30 Mib, but I should probably rework it to expire
8 old logs.
9
10 > The truth is there are only a few ebuilds I want to change something in.
11 > Up to now in case I want to change something or the packages doesn't
12 > compile the normal way, my practice is to use "ebuild `equery w
13 > package-name` unpack", do my things in the temp dir, compile manually,
14 > put a file ".compiled" and resume the installation.
15 > May be I'll start using my own overlay after I collect "enough" packages.
16
17 I suggest putting your modifications into your own ebuild in an overlay
18 because it may be simpler and neater to apply your changes to the new
19 version/ebuild of the package when it comes out rather than having to
20 remember everything you did the first time manually.
23 Justin
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list