From: Jim Cunning <jcunning@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kmail/kontact display anomaly
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:12:43
1 I have noticed for a long time, and continuing with KDE 4.4, that
2 kmail/kontact shows a bunch of small popup window boxes, each containing a
3 single letter, whenever it's displaying a message and the control key is
4 pressed and released. Another depression/release of the control key removes
5 the boxes.
6
7 I first noticed this with KDE 3.4 on OpenSUSE 10.3, and it has continued on
8 gentoo with KDE 3.5 and now 4.4. An example of what I'm describing can be seen
9 at http://cunning.ods.org/kmail-boxes.jpg
10
11 I couldn't get any useful hits on Google with the keywords I came up with.
12 Has anyone seen this and/or know how to eliminate it?
13
14 Thanks,
15 --
16 Jim