From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ERROR: x11-base/xorg-server-1.0.2-r7 failed.
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:41:54
1 Julia Fischer wrote:
2 > Opengl was already set to xorg-x11. I didn't try the emerge -e
3 > xorg-x11 because I needed a running system today. I installed kubuntu.
4 > Thanks anyway!
5 >
6 > grottenolm.
7 >>
8 >> I don't think that this is the problem, because of the driver in any
9 >> case become linked against xorg and not vice-versa and the error occurs
10 >> when she tries to compile x11-base/xorg-server.
11 >>
12 >> But I remember that also I had weird problems when I was upgrading from
13 >> xorg-6.9 to xorg-7.0, which occurs because of suddenly some files of the
14 >> partial xorg-packages were missing even though the package was emerged.
15 >> Re-emerging of the corresponding packages was the solution. If you van't
16 >> vfigure out which packages are affected it would be the best to run
17 >> `emerge -e xorg-x11`
18 >>
19 >> Regards
20 >> Sebastian Noack
21 >>
22 >> --
23 >> gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
27 I ran into the same thing and I had to do a emerge -e world to get mine
28 working. I wish I knew which package(s) needed to be remerged but I
29 have no clue. I think it was a KDE one though. It was working long
30 before the emerge finished.
31
32 Funny thing is, this only seemed to affect a few people, me included of
33 course.
34
35 Dale
36