From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multilib or not?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:30:31
1 Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 >> So I run 'revdep-rebuild --verbose' just to check what do I have that still
3 >> depends on emul-linux-x86* and I've found:
4 >>
5 >> app-emulation/wine-1.4
6 >> sys-boot/grub-0.97-r10
7 >> www-plugins/google-talkplugin-2.1.7.0
8 >> x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-295.59
9 >> games-emulation/zsnes-1.51-r2
10 >> skype
11 >>
12 > For grub you could use grub-static or grub2. I have some 64bit
13 > no-multilib servers that run grub-static without problems.
14 >
15 > But I have to agree with Mike here, I really don't see why one would use
16 > a no-multilib profile on a desktop machine :)
21 When I did my install on this new rig, I installed grub-static and so
22 far, it has worked fine. I haven't jumped off the cliff with grub2 yet.
23
24 I also chose multi-lib when I did this install. The only complaint so
25 far was flash but when has it ever really been stable to begin with? o_O
26
27 I have to also mention, 64 bit does seem to use more memory. It's not a
28 whole lot but it is noticeable.
29
30 Dale
31
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!