From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mount.cifs removal?
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:30:51
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 1:25 PM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Hi. Portage wants to remove mount.cifs as follows:
5 > > net-fs/mount-cifs ("net-fs/mount-cifs" is blocking
6 > > net-fs/samba-client-3.3.7). What is going on here and how can I keep
7 > > mount.cifs and keep samba up to date at the same time?
8 >
9 > Starting with Samba 3.3 the ebuilds are split into samba-libs,
10 > samba-server and samba-client.
11 >
12 > I believe samba-client replaces the functionality of mount-cifs, so
13 > you should be able to unmerge mount-cifs and build samba with the
14 > client USE flag (which will pull in samba-client).
15 OK, I will try and see what happens.
16
17 Thanks.
21 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
22 How do
23 you spend it?
24
25 John Covici