From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Typewriter sound
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:07:45
1 Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com> [10-08-17 20:16]:
2 > On 08/17/2010 10:56 AM, Albert Hopkins wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 19:20 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > >> Hi,
5 > >>
6 > >> on YouTube there was a Blender-2.5 tutorial with audio.
7 > >> There was an interesting detail: While there were spoken
8 > >> instructions one can hear one typing on its keyboard.
9 > >> Each hit on one of the keys made the sound of an old
10 > >> typewriter (no, it was not the sound of the legendary
11 > >> "IBM Model M" keyboard ;) ).
12 > >>
13 > >> How can I achieve this?
14 > >> What software can I use to make this geeky feature to
15 > >> come true.
16 > >> Unfortunately I have no idea, how to name this kind
17 > >> of what(?) ...
18 > >>
19 > >> Thank you very much for any hint in advance!
20 > >> Best regards,
21 > >> mcc
22 > >
23 > > There probably a number of ways to do this.
24 > >
25 > > A cheap and easy way would be to use xev to monitor a window and then
26 > > pipe the stderr to a a program that waits for a keypress event and then
27 > > plays an apropriate.
28 > >
29 > > A less cheap way would be to have our program do what xev does instead
30 > > of using a pipe.
31 >
32 > Or you could set your X keyclick using xset.
35 Hi,
36
37 thanks a lot for your replies! :)
38 Is there any program already, which does this?
39 A daemon or...<insert missing words here>
40
41 Best regards,
42 mcc