From: Thomas Tuttle <gentoo@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags information resource
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 02:07:23
1 On December 26 at 20:38 EST, Alan E. Davis hastily scribbled:
2 > I wiki about USE flags would be extremely useful. Am I the only one, or are
3 > newbies the only ones who encounter USE flags with cryptic significance?
4 > The descriptions from euse, profuse, etc., are a bit of a help alot of the
5 > time; however, some use flags would bear some serious explanation! Is
6 > something now available that would provide this functionality?
7
8 http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/ has some good articles (not a specific index
9 of USE flags, but good tutorials and stuff) and might be a good place to
10 put the article(s) you'd like to write.
11
12 > I am not wise to the world of wikis (my sole attempt to edit wikipedia was
13 > a dismal failture, even though I am pretty literate in LaTeX); however
14 > I would be willing to put something simple together with some help.
15
16 Er, Wikipedia doesn't use LaTeX except in math articles.
17
18 This sounds like a good idea. You should start an article on
19 Gentoo-Wiki.com if nobody else has.
20
21 --Thomas Tuttle