From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't install emacs-cvs on semi-minimal install of gentoo (no X)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 13:08:21
1 reader@×××××××.com writes:
2
3 >> 'xpm' is a graphics format ( X Pix Map, IIRC) so that may be a problem.
4 >> There is also a USE flag for Xface as well.
5 >>
6 >> Try adding '-xpm -xface' to your USE flags.
7 >
8 > Well I can report that it wasn't the xpm flag. I haven't tried with
9 > -xface yet but wouldn't the output above have shown `xface' as one of
10 > the USE flags if it was in fact being invoked?
11
12 And I can now report that it WAS `-xface' or so it would seem since
13 running `emerge -v -xpm -xface' has completed without error.
14
15 Thanks... but this brings a question to my mind and makes me think I've
16 been misunderstanding the output one sees with `emerge -vp whatever'
17
18 I've been using that to see what USE flags would be in play. Is that
19 a wrong notion? Because `xface' was NOT a flag that showed up on my
20 trial run with `emerge -vp emacs-cvs'.
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list