From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to disable fuzzy-search in emerge?
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 16:28:05
1 On 2020-04-10, Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Apr 10, 2020, at 12:08, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> I really, really hate how emerge now returns bucketfulls of useless,
4 >> unrelated results when you do a search. WTF is the point of returning
5 >> a bunch of packages that don't contain the search string when there is
6 >> is a package name that match the search string exactly?
7 >
8 > This doesn't answer your question, but `eix' is way faster and I've been
9 > using it since I've started using Gentoo.
10
11 Yes, I should just use eix or equery instead, now that emerge --search
12 is broken by default.
15 Grant