From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] e17 default theme at fresh install
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 20:04:03
1 Alan McKinnon: writes:
2
3 > I only know of 2 e17 users here.
4
5 I was an Enlightenment user for years, before I finally gave KDE
6 3.something a try. I ran it under the Gnome environment, but only one of
7 my 3x3 vortual desktops actually showed the Gnome desktop. Which I
8 liked, I did my multimedia stuff there, using Nautilus. Gnome also took
9 care of restoring my saved session. More or less, I already had trouble
10 with thisi in those days, sometimes all my terminals (15-20) opened all
11 on the first desktop. And I always had to shift my Galeon windows to
12 their dedicated positions after login.
13
14 I installed e17 two weeks ago, and played a little with it when I was
15 unable to log into KDE. But I did not too much configuring (yet). What I
16 missed was the ability to maximize windows vertically and horizontally
17 by pressing the maximize button with the middle or right mouse button,
18 one of th efirst features I liked about e16.
19 I had one problem with a Firefox window, that I was not able to access
20 any more. It kept appearing briefly when I switched to its desktop, and
21 scrolled away instantly.
22 When I had sorted out my KDE problem (this took hours, and I dit nore
23 really solve this, it just worked again after removing some plasmoids),
24 I did not try again. Not sure if I would like to use it as a KDE
25 replacement, but maybe with someconfiguring it would make a great window
26 manager.
27
28 > Fonts in e17 is something that for me always just worked.
29
30 Same here.
31
32 Wonko