From: Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: GARTInit: WAS (Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Need MythTV setup help (resend))
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:18:42
1 Rumen Yotov wrote:
4 >>How do I find out what the entry for my motherboard chips (-set I
5 >>assume) is? Is there a software way to determine this? All I know is
6 >>that it's SUPPOSED to be a Pentium IV, but it might not be...
7 >>
8 >>--
9 >>gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
13 >Use "lspci" or "lshw" (emerge if not available), use -v -vv -vvv for a more verbose output.
14 >Tuning your kernel *requires* you to at least know what your basic hardware is. Manual ?
15 >Try: "#lspci | grep -i VGA" or "lspci | grep -i video"
16 >Or post the output here.
17 >PS:could also be done using a LiveCD (gentoo-install-CD, Knoppix etc.)
18 >Rumen
21 As for your cpu type you can get that info with:
22 cat /proc/cpuinfo
23
24 Cheers.
27 Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)