From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] intelfb usage in grub
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:23:02
1 Mike Edenfield wrote:
4 > these log messages. I assume this is a laptop (or else your intelfb is
5 > very confused). For some reason that I don't fully understand, but
6
7 It is a laptop indeed.
8
9 > assume is a good one, the intel fb device cannot change the video mode
10 > on a laptop display. The vga parameter actually gets the kernel to
11 > change the video mode much earlier, so the intelfb driver can keep using
12 > the same one.
13
14 I am just using
15
16 kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda3 vga=0x318 video=intelfb
17
18 since the mode option under intelfb is useless. I could also drop the
19 video parameter altogether since I only have the intelfb driver compiled
20 into the kernel.
21
22 Thanks,
25 Valmor