From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Amazon Streaming broken, need hal-0.5.14-gentoo-patches-5.tar.bz2
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 07:34:50
1 Grant wrote:
2 > Amazon Streaming is broken and installing hal fixes it according to
3 > the following thread:
4 >
5 > http://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20video%20on%20demand?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3EQAX98ED5WQ3&cdPage=1&cdSort=newest&cdThread=TxFTGOK5LRL3JM
6 >
7 > I added the layman overlays multilib and kde-sunset in order to
8 > install hal, but the emerge fails because it can't download
9 > hal-0.5.14-gentoo-patches-5.tar.bz2. The following thread provides a
10 > few links to this file but they no longer work, and I tried
11 > downloading hal-0.5.14-gentoo-patches-4.tar.bz2, extracting, adding
12 > the missing file as indicated, and recreating the bz2 tar archive, but
13 > there is a checksum failure with that file:
14 >
15 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-906838-start-0.html
16 >
17 > Does anyone have advice for navigating this?
18 >
19 > - Grant
24 You may want to ask on -desktop too. The gurus that keep KDE3 and
25 friends going are on there but it may take a day for them to reply.
26
27 I did some searching, I found the same thing you did.
28
29 Me, I would try commenting the patch out of the ebuild and see if it
30 works. Maybe, just maybe, hal will work well enough for what you are
31 doing. Then again, it might not compile either.
32
33 Dale
34
38 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
39 how you interpreted my words!
40
41 Miss the compile output? Hint:
42 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"