From: Petr Uzel <petr.uzel@×××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stop and continue emerge -e world
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:00:51
1 Dne úterý 14 bøezen 2006 23:39 Petr Uzel napsal(a):
2 > Hello everybody!
3 > I'm currently running emerge -e world because of gcc upgrade. I would
4 > appreciate if I can stop this emerge and continue tomorrow from where it
5 > was stopped.
6 >
7 > I have two questions:
8 >
9 > 1) Is there any possibility to stop and later continue (after reboot)
10 > emerge -e world without compiling every package again?
11
12 OK, I can answer this myself (I hope correctly) : "pick your emerge" script or
13 emerge --resume. I should better RTFM.
14
15 > 2) If I do this, will be the system usable after reboot? (some of packages
16 > compiled with gcc-3.3.6 and other with gcc-3.4.5)
17
18 With this I still need your help... :)
19
20 > Thank you, Petr
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list