From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why can't use print after installed CUPS ?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 07:36:15
1 On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 8:41 AM, 俞强 <qianglife@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > i had installed CUPS-1.4.3 from source(configure, make, make install)
4 >
5 > now i can configure print via localhost:631, and the test page is perfect.
6 >
7 > but the problem is, why can't i see the print in programs ? (etc. in
8 > firefox, file->print, there is no print in print dialog)
9 >
10 > thanks all
11 >
12 > --
13 > Good Lucks !
14 > form 俞强(hackqiang)
17 Hi,
18 Did you install cups by hand, not using portage?
19 I suspect looking at the ebuild, that Gentoo does install few bits in
20 different places.
21 I have attached my cups installation files. Please compare with yours.
22 $ equery files cups
23
24 Kfir

cups_files.txt text/plain