From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Some essential packages fail to compile
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 11:53:12
1 On 08/09/12 14:31, "Roland Häder" wrote:
2 > I use distcc and two nodes are running 64 bit (this Gentoo is being
3 > installed on 32 bit hardware). Most packages works fine with it, so
4 > my guess is that some packages ignore the important gcc flags (-m32 /
5 > -march=i686) which results in compiling a 64 bit object file on the
6 > 64 bit nodes.
7 >
8 > The 64 bit nodes are Debian nodes which all can cross-compile (as I
9 > mentioned above, some packages were cross-compiled on these nodes
10 > without troubles because they honor the extra flags).
11
12 Isn't it a requirement that all nodes run Gentoo, with the same GCC
13 version, and you must setup sys-devel/crossdev on each of them?
14
15 I don't see how it could possibly work otherwise.