From: Wang Xuerui <idontknw.wang@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system time 6-hr. ahead
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 08:58:14
1 2013/5/11 Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>:
2 > My computer time reported by asterisk server or php database is 6hr ahead.
3 > Why?
4 >
5 > My desktop clock is correct, and command line "date" reporting local time as
6 > well.
7 > My /etc/conf.d/hwclock
8 > clock="local"
9 > clock_hctosys="YES"
10 > clock_systohc="YES"
11 >
12 > Should I set clock="UTC"? I'm running Windows via VirtualBox and I know
13 > windows is using "local" time.
16 You can make Windows use UTC by editing registry:
17 http://superuser.com/questions/185773/does-windows-7-support-utc-as-bios-time
18
19 However, do note that Windows would NOT update the hardware clock if
20 this is done. So make sure Linux would properly set the HW clock at
21 shutdown or your clock may drift over time.