From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg wiki and graphics drivers
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 02:14:00
1 Willie Mattthews <matthews.willie80@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > If I am not mistaken you would need to install,
4 >
5 > * app-emulation/virtualbox-guest-additions
6 > Available versions: 4.3.38 ~4.3.40 ~5.0.16 ~5.0.30 5.0.32 ~5.1.12
7 > ~5.1.14 {X KERNEL="linux"}
8 > Homepage: http://www.virtualbox.org/
10 > for Gentoo guests
11 >
12 > I think you would have to install it in the VM itself. I don't know
13 > about the rest of it.
14
15 Not sure I'm following you here. THe guest addtions come with the
16 Vbox and I've already installed them.
17
18 This is a windows 10 host and the vbox is the one installable on
19 windows. This is version 5.1.14
20
21 Guest additinos have nothing to do with gentoo kernel config.
22
23 What I'm asking about it setting up a kernel for gentoo os preparatory
24 to installing X. As described in the Xorg gentoo wiki. Vbox vm's need
25 drivers like any other os.
26
27 I'm asking which driver works with the vbox graphics adapter.
28 And how to get a hi-res frame buffer using kernel KMS.