From: Shawn Wilson <ag4ve.us@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SystemD + Gnome 3.8 I can log in as root but not as normal user
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 12:46:31
1 rm ~/.Xauthority
2
3 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 12:30:51AM -0600, Carlos Sura wrote
5 >> Hello Mates,
6 >>
7 >> I finally thought that I got this working, so now I am dealing this
8 >issue:
9 >> I choose the latest kernel with systemd and GDM starts good, but I
10 >cannot
11 >> log in to gnome as a normal user, I can only log in to gnome as root.
12 >>
13 >> What I have done before this started:
14 >>
15 >> emerge -uDvaN world
16 >> emerge --depclean --ask
17 >> emerge @preserved-rebuild
18 >>
19 >> Then it just happened.
20 >>
21 >> What I've tried so far:
22 >> - .xinitrc with exec gnome-session for user and root
23 >> - emerge -1 $( qlist -IC x11-drivers/ )
24 >> - emerge @x11-module-rebuild
25 >> - X -configure
28 >> Another note:
29 >> Starting gnome as normal user just hang, apparently it wants to start
30 >but
31 >> it cannot start. Neither doing: startx.
32 >
33 > Can you temporarily rename your Gnome config file/directory on your
34 >system, and see if it'll work with a fresh start?
35 >
36 > Another option to try, just as a test only, is...
37 >
38 >USE="suid" emerge -pv --update --changed-use world
39 >
40 > Does that bring up anything related to Gnome?