From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu-kvm and libvirt: running an ancient guest
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 20:07:26
1 Am 09.10.2012 21:34, schrieb Florian Philipp:
2
3 > Given that the kernel is old and unsupported anyway, couldn't you
4 > just compile a slightly newer one with the right modules? Or
5 > transplant it from the other VM you mentioned?
6
7 Yes and no ... the software running in the VM is somehow compiled
8 "against" all the given environment and it isn't sure how it would behave.
9
10 Worth a try, sure. Although that old suse isn't exactly gentoo ... you
11 know ;)
12
13 I could additionally have to look for old installation media or even
14 rpm-packages with ready kernels for that 6.1
15
16 Although I still assume that it should be possible to provide a
17 PIIX4-bus to that VM via KVM ...
18
19 Stefan