From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - mod_jk and more
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:23:01
1 I emerged the Apache upgrade the other day and got it working. I had
2 mod_jk installed on apache-2.0.54-r15 from source (not ebuild) and it
3 worked on the old Apache. This morning I emerged mod_jk. It emerged
4 just fine, but now I can't figure out how to use it. The docs (or
5 should I say "doc") were unhelpful. Does it require any further setup?
6 I've looked at the mod_jk docs online, but unless one has the option for
7 the automatic script (which I don't think I do) the online docs do not
8 provide sufficient information. The howto I used to set up mod_jk on
9 apache-2.0.15-r15 was actually for Red Hat 9, so it's amazing that it
10 still worked. I've read in several places that it is inadvisable to
11 follow howtos written for an ancient version of a project when using a
12 current version of the project. I'm pretty confused here.
13
14 I've been having a lot of trouble with my /etc/init.d/apache2 script the
15 past couple of days. After I install a new apache module I always
16 restart the server with /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. Lately when I try
17 to restart it tells me that it stops Apache OK, but when it starts up I
18 get the red [!!] and no explanation. When I run apache2ctl -k start
19 after that happens I'm told that httpd is already running. I don't know
20 why it's doing this...
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list