From: joost@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where did lvm installation guide go?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:49:23
1 gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2 >On Fri, Aug 30 2013, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >
4 >> gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
5 >>>I want to reinstall an old system to have combined root+usr.
6 >>>
7 >>>I have always used an lvm installation guide that was a "companion"
9 >>>the handbook. That is it would tell you how to augment each handbook
10 >>>installation chapter for lvm (actually lvm2).
11 >>>
12 >>>I can't find this documentation now on gentoo.org. There is a big
13 >wiki
14 >>>page, but that is different as are daniel's 2-volume "learning linux
15 >>>lvm".
16 >>>
17 >>>The closest I found is the raid+lvm quick install guide, but i would
18 >be
19 >>>happier with the one I have used often in the past.
20 >>>
21 >>>Any clues (I am emotionally prepared to learn that it is right there
22 >on
23 >>>the installation web page, but my eyes and search commands are
24 >>>deficient).
25 >>>
26 >>>thanks,
27 >>>allan
28 >>
29 >> Allan,
30 >>
31 >> Use the raid+LVM guide and skip all the raid steps.
32 >>
33 >> --
34 >> Joost
35 >
36 >Yes, that is what I will be doing; but it is not the same as the
37 >"companion"
38 >and hence less familiar to me. Also the wiki certainly does help.
39 >I haven't studied the raid+LVM closely yet but a quick look didn't
40 >reveal how to interrupt the installation, shut off the machine, and
41 >continue later.
42 >
43 >Nonetheless, it is doubtless all there; just a loss of familiarity.
44 >
45 >thanks,
46 >allan
47
48 To continue, see my other email.
49 # vgchange -ay
50 That command will enable all the LVs it can find.
51 It works for me on all recent (last 2 years at least) installs with the sysrescuecd.
54 Joost
55 --
56 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.