From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: meino.cramer@×××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I inactivate the anachronism called CAPSLOCK on X?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 21:14:00
1 On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:46 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I am using a recent gentoo (updated on a nearly daily basis).
7 > For me the CAPSLOCK-function is totally useless and I want
8 > to deactivate it as soon as possible to ACCIDENTLY SWITCH
9 > ANYthing uppeRCASE. ;)
10 >
11 > Is there any way to acchieve this -- it would greatly improve
12 > my typing...
13 >
14 > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
15 > Best regards
16 > mcc
19 > I'm using CAPS to switch from English to Hebrew. I don't use xorg.conf to
20 do it.
21 I use this commands in the startup script of fluxbox:
22 setxkbmap -option &
23 setxkbmap -option grp:switch,grp:caps_toggle,grp_led:scroll us,il &
24
25 So you can use setxkbmap to check configuration and then apply it to
26 xorg.conf.
27
28 Regards,
29 Kfir