From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: idea on updates
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:17:27
1 On Friday 29 August 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:46:36 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
3 > > OK elog look good.
4 > > Is this the best wiki to
5 > > use to initailly set it up?
6 > >
7 > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Making_portage_use_/usr/sbin/sendmail_to_send_
8 > >out_ELOG_mails
9 >
10 > Hardly "the TIP is now obsolete! See /etc/make.conf.example for further
11 > details."
12
13 I think my set up is pretty vanilla: at the end of an emerge -uDv world I get
14 a concatenated list of all the elog comments. Unless I shut down the
15 terminal/console I cannot avoid but scrolling upwards to see what's asked of
16 me by the package maintainers following the emerge. Isn't this enough for
17 your needs?
18
19 Sure, if I have a major breakage I will start looking
20 through /var/log/portage/<package_name> to see what went wrong in detail,
21 otherwise I follow the invariably trivial recommendations at the end of the
22 emerge.
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick