From: Nilesh Govindrajan <contact@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Printer isn't working. Help, please!
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 02:44:21
1 On Jul 24, 2012 8:19 PM, "Paul Hartman" <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
5 > > Evening, Experts!
6 > >
7 > > My printer isn't printing.
8 > >
9 > > More precisely, when in CUPS 1.5.2 (localhost:631), CUPS fails to find
10 > > the printer. When I click on "Find New Printers" it comes back with
11 > > "Available Printers - No Printers Found.".
12 > >
13 > > My system has been like this since I converted back from mdev to udev.
14 > > Though I have just built Linux 3.3.8 in the hope that a new kernel build
15 > > would help. ;-(.
16 > >
17 > > Help would be most appreciated.
18 > >
19 > > TIA!
20 >
21 > I had to blacklist the usblp module for CUPS to work with my printer.
22 FWIW. :)
25 I think compiling without usb support is more sensible there.