From: Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ttyS1 - ttyS3 file exists
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 04:39:15
1 Francesco Talamona wrote:
2
3 >On Sunday 03 September 2006 19:44, Ted Ozolins wrote:
6 >>For several years I've had no reason to use any of the serial ports
7 >>on this boxen. Now that I have a need for a fax setup, I find that
8 >>they are borked. Looking over the error messages at boot up I noticed
9 >>that I get a series of:
10 >>insmod of dev ttyS1 failed, file exists. all the way to ttyS2. This
11 >>boxen has been running since about 2002 (maybe 2003) with only a few
12 >>self inflicted glitches. I did migrate it from devfsd to udev about a
13 >>year ago. Anyone have any Idea why the /dev/ttySx are not being
14 >>removed on shut-down?
18 >Check RC_DEVICE_TARBALL in /etc/conf.d/rc.
19 >
20 >Ciao
21 > Francesco
25 Thanks, that was it.