From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qmail
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 17:29:54
1 On Sunday 05 March 2006 13:04, Steve B wrote:
2 > I've been trying to follow several of the Qmail guides on the forums,
3 > wiki, and official documentation. I can't get any of them to work.
4 > In the past I have followed the official documenation qmail guide and
5 > everything has worked fine.. however for some reason it's simply not
6 > working anymore. I posted a message earlier with my error messages
7 > but nobody responded.. so my next question is does anybody have an
8 > update to date guide on installing Qmail with SSL/TLS only. My next
9 > solution is to use the Life with Qmail guide and go outside of
10 > portage... I would really like to avoid this solution. Thanks.
14 > V/R
15 > Steve
16 Hi,
17 Yes i've been running qmail with pop3d-ssl, but not now.
18 Now running qmail with imaps (or rather netqmail) as qmail has more than 24
19 patches and is quite difficult to maintain any more (with all these patches).
20 Try unmasking 'netqmail' or search for an ebuild in Bugzilla (made one in
21 sep-2005). Check for firewall rules if using a firewall.
22 Auth is done using system-auth.
23 Search for a document "Qmail on Gentoo.txt" (or similar) it's very good.
24 HTH.Rumen