From: Hiren Dave <hiren2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bind Questions
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 06:10:41
1 On 3/12/06, Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su> wrote:
2 >
3 > > Also in the same
4 > > network there are many linux and windows
5 > > clients but the Linuz DNS server (named) is not giving any response to
6 > > the host or dig command by its own. Can any one tell me
7 > > how the Named/DNS server works? How it discovers neighboorhood(local
8 > > LAN) hosts?
9 >
10 > I don't think it does. But you may get something similar
11 > with dhcp and dynamic dns updates.
12 >
13 > > Also can we check/list all the hosts/ip addresses that are
14 > > cached by dns server? If yes, then HOW?
15 >
16 > # rndc dumpdb -cache
17 >
18 > HTH
19 >
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 Hi,
25 Thanks for reply. Can you brief your answer about dhcp and dynamic dns
26 updates pls? Also after using the given command for dumpdb, how to check
27 this db file? Can we check it by simple cat command?
28
29 Hiren Dave