From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: configure.ac and Makefile.am easy_view ?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 01:01:18
1 On 03/28/2015 01:40 PM, Todd Goodman wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Some ebuilds may patch configure.ac or Makefile.am -- in that case it's
4 >> a little harder. I'm sure there's an elegant way to do it, but what I
5 >> usually do is begin to emerge the package and Ctrl-C it when it starts
6 >> compiling. Then you can find the sources under /var/tmp/portage.
9 > Wouldn't 'ebuild <ebuild_file_name> prepare' do what you want without
10 > trying to time a Ctrl-C?
13 Yeah, but I have to be in the directory where the ebuild lives for that
14 to work. `emerge foo` works anywhere. It's also more flexible -- if I
15 want the *unpatched* files, I just Ctrl-C earlier =)