From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo dead?
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 18:13:31
1 Michael wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 7 May 2020 16:11:03 BST Dale wrote:
3 >> Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 >>> On Wed, 6 May 2020 22:31:54 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>>> There used to be a package that caused some serious problems with
6 >>>> upgrades. It was really tricky but I can't recall the name of it since
7 >>>> it was ages ago.
8 >>> expat? I recall that causing some hair loss.
9 >> It's possible but it doesn't ring a bell. I recall that the devs did a
10 >> guide for the upgrade. We didn't have the news thingy at the time so
11 >> people sort of ran into it like a train hitting a concrete wall. It
12 >> could get ugly real fast.
13 >>
14 >> Dale
15 >>
16 >> :-) :-)
17 > I remember Dale running into some problems many moons ago, specific to his
18 > hardware detection, but a portage upgrade was not to blame at the time:
19 >
20 > https://xkcd.com/1586/
21 >
22 > The image alt text is even funnier! :-))
25 That sounds like hal.  Let's not go there.  That nerve is still a bit
26 touchy.  ;-)
27
28 That pic makes me wonder.  lol
29