From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] LibreOffice problem importing file
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 20:57:57
1 I've run into a problem opening a M$ Office spreadsheet using LibreOffice.
2 I've put the original file up at
3 http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ttc-rider-85-15.xlsx
4 It should show a table of ridership figures for the Toronto transit system.
5
6 When I tried to open it using LO 5.1.0.3 on my Gentoo system,
7 the window froze (Fluxbox 1.3.7-r2) & I had to kill it via Htop.
8 However, when I tried it with LO 4.4.3.2 on Mint (another partition),
9 it opened correctly & I could save it as .ods & .csv : these are at
10 http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ttc-rider-85-15.ods
11 http://chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ttc-rider-85-15.csv
12 However again, when I tried to open these version with my Gentoo LO,
13 the .ods froze the window, while the .csv opened with garbage in 1 cell.
14 I've updated LO twice to 5.1.1.3 & 5.1.2.2 , but the same happens.
15
16 Can others please test my files with their own Gentoo versions of LO ?
17 If they have a problem too, I'll file a bug with LO ;
18 if not, can anyone suggest what is causing the problem with my version ?
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca